ILLINOIS – A person in Illinois won the Mega Millions $1.28 billion jackpot Friday night, according to the Illinois lottery.
Illinois lottery listed the jackpot prize as “currently pending,” and superior numbers listed as 13, 36, 45, 57, 67 and the Mega ball gold 14. Friday Megaplier it 2x the original winnings.
There is a one in 302,575,350 chance of winning the jackpot, according to the Mega Millions website. The $1.28 billion jackpot would be the second largest Mega Millions jackpot in history.
The highest prize has not been claimed since April 15, and the largest Mega Millions jackpot in history was $1.537 billion.
Juatan Mega said the winner’s results for the drawing are still being prepared but it is listed that the jackpot prize is suspended, and it said the cash option is pending as well. The cash option will be $747.2 million.
The next drawing will be Tuesday, according to Mega Millions, and the estimated jackpot is listed at $20 million with a cash option of $11.6 million.
The top Mega Millions jackpots to date are:
- $1.537 billion on October 23, 2018
- $1.280 billion on July 29, 2022
- $1.050 billion on January 22, 2021
- $656 million as of March 30, 2012
- $648 million on December 17, 2013
- $543 million on July 24, 2018
- $536 million on July 8, 2016
- $533 million as of March 30, 2018
- $522 million on June 7, 2019
- $516 million on May 21, 2021