Fix your bucket list, coffee snobs.
But you take your morning coffee – black, iced, or with a horrifying dollop of mayonnaise there – you will love to be a quality cup of coffee
But with thousands upon thousands of stores claiming exactly that promise, it can be scary for serious java-drinkers to break from their usual routine and try something new or different.
To help, analysts at Yelp have compiled a list of the 100 best coffee shops in the United States, and two Kansas City shops made the list.
These rankings are based entirely on ratings and recommendations from the Yelp review community. Note that Yelp’s “Top Coffee Shops” list is based on reviews that not only rate each shop’s coffee, but often the service, ambiance, snacks, and possibly the availability (or lack thereof) of mayonnaise.
The 25 best coffee shops in America, based on an analysis of Yelp reviews and ratings, are below. A complete list of the top 100 can be found at Yelp.com.
- Yaw Farm Coffee Roaster, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cafe Makario, Everett, Washington
- Ovation Coffee & Tea, Portland, Oregon
- Cafe Sapientia, Oak Park, California
- Pangolin Café, Reno, Nevada
- Patria Coffee Roasters, Compton, California
- Mission Blue, San Francisco, California
- The Cuppo Coffee & Tea, Jersey Village, Texas
- Tatiana’s Coffee & Tea, Ventura, California
- The Great Coffee Making Team, San Juan Capistrano, California
- AT Oasis Coffee & Tea Shop, Phoenix, Arizona
- Quince Coffee House, Denver, Colorado
- Frenchy’s Food Truck, Brooklyn, New York
- The Red Bud Cafe, Daytona Beach, Florida
- VigiLatte Artisan Coffee, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Calusa Coffee Roasters, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Whistle & Fizz, New York, New York
- Crepe Shop, Chicago, Illinois
- Wolfe Club Coffee Roasters, Tacoma, Washington
- Lodi Coffee, North Charleston, South Carolina
- Koana, Mountain View, Hawaii
- The Modern Rose, Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Enderly Coffee Co., Charlotte, North Carolina
- Burly and The Bean, Seaside, Oregon
- Local coffee, Montclair, New Jersey
In addition to listings, Yelp also creates an interactive map highlighting the location of each “Top Coffee Shop” in America, making it easy to do some research, plan a trip, or simply see which corner of the country has the highest concentration of quality coffee shops.
Coffee not quite your cup of tea? Yelp previously revealed its best rankings craft breweries, winery, pizzerias, Margarita, pieeven burritos in every situation. Very few, however, are served with mayonnaise.